Click to return home.
June 18, 2018 to August 31,
The Junior Competitive Program at IceWorks is designed to continue the growth of the basic skills skater into the competitive skating environment. The program will bridge the gap between basic skills group lessons and private lessons while making competitive skating an affordable option for families. The Program will not only teach to individualized levels, but also encompass introductory parent education sessions and skating club spirit.
Download and deliver your completed
registration form with payment instructions to the IceWorks
Registration Desk. Most skaters will benefit by consulting with
regarding appropriate program selections.
Leif Gislason at
SUMMER PACKAGE OPTIONS
JCP 10 plus:
This will include 2 weekly 40 minute on ice group instruction
component (1 free style elements/ 1 stroking and edgework) plus 8
additional 40 minute ice sessions. This package will also include two
mandatory off ice classes per week.
JCP 5 plus: This will
include 2 weekly 40 minute on ice group instruction component (1 free
style elements/ 1 stroking and edgework) plus 3 additional 40 minute
ice sessions. This package will also include two mandatory off ice
classes per week.
FULL Summer Schedule
Week 1: June 18 - June 21
Week 2: June 25 - June 29
Week 3: July 2 - July 6
Week 4: July 9 - July 13
Week 5: July 16 - July 20
Week 6: July 23 - July 27
July 30 - Aug. 5
Philadelphia Summer Championship
Week 7: Aug. 6 - Aug. 10
Week 8: Aug. 13 - Aug. 17
Week 9: Aug. 20 - Aug. 24
Week 10: Aug. 27 - Aug. 31
There are three levels within the Junior Competitive
Program at IceWorks – Low, Medium, and High. The levels are designed
to accommodate all competitive levels from Learn to Skate basic 4 to
Pre Juvenile competition level. Skaters are grouped according to their
current test and competitive levels in order to maximize productivity,
focus of instruction, and group camaraderie during the on and off ice
Note: Level descriptions and criteria can vary from
year to year based on the make up of the program and the discretion of
- All skaters must become members of the IceWorks Skating Club.
- JCP skaters must have a private coach while enrolled in the program.
- All skaters must compete at either Philadelphia Summer Championships or Keystone State games. Skaters that do both will participate in both send offs. Skaters are required to participate unless a specific permission from the director is given.
- Skaters must compete in at least two competitions per season.
- All JCP skaters must participate in at least the JCP group number as a part of the Annual Ice Show and must meet the requirements of ice show participation.
- All JCP skaters must have appropriate practice equipment/apparel. Please see our Staff in the IceWorks ProShop for your included 10% discount on skates and blades.
- Mandatory seminars for High Level skaters will be held in place of off ice periodically throughout the season.
- Mandatory Seminars for parents of first year Junior Competitive Skaters. All Parents are welcome to come to these and other informational seminars that will be presented throughout the season.
- Skaters pursuing a non-freestyle track will have alternative testing and skating skill requirements, provided by the director, that must be met in order to be considered for the Medium and High levels
- World Class Coaching Staff
- Creating well-balanced, confident Athletes with a combined focus on technique, athleticism and artistry
- Varying Levels of Commitment designed to meet the needs of a variety of skating levels and budgets
- Affordable Introduction to Competitive Figure Skating
- Extensive Ice Sessions accommodate all schedules
- Parent Information Sessions
- Professional Off Ice Instruction
- Individual Focus with Team Camaraderie
JUNIOR COMPETITION PROGRAM
PROFESSIONAL COACHING STAFF
Kim Seybold Catron
Elizabeth Hollett Shackett
JUNIOR COACHING STAFF
Our Junior Coaching staff consists of various high level competitive skaters.
ICEWORKS FIGURE SKATING DIRECTOR